Thursday, June 30, 2011

Worry, Worry, Worry...

One of my favorite books is Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes.  It's about a little girl that worries about EVERYTHING.  Most people would say her worries are over insignificant things that she can't change.  I find myself very connected to this book because I too worry about EVERYTHING.  The things I worry about in most people's eyes are small compared to the real problems of the world.  While people worry about "logical" things, I find myself worrying about things like nap mats and lunchboxes,.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Pretty crazy huh?  My husband worries about things like getting a new job and paying the bills, but I have more important things to worry about. 
     We have made the desicion to move our little girl Cadie to a preschool.  She has been in a small home daycare for almost three years now.  Three years which is her whole life!  This change has brought a bit of anxiety into my life.  I am filled with questions like: Is it the right choice?  What if she cries?  What if she doesn't nap?  What if she doesn't eat lunch? What if she doesn't make any friends?  Worry, Worry, Worry, too much worry. 
     On top of that I have to buy a nap mat and lunchbox for her.  Now this should be an easy task, but for me it just piles on the worry.  I want to get just the right one at just the right price, but it still has to be cute and be of good quality.  I have spent who knows how long looking at stores and on the internet for just the right one.  My husband calls me obsessive.  I call myself thorough.  It has gotten so bad that last night I tossed and turned thinking about it, and then had weird dreams of walking nap mats and luncboxes.  I am going to blame that on pregnancy hormones. 
     So my worry continues.  I'm sure that Cadie will be just fine, and in the long run she will not remember the preschool switch, or the nap mat and luncbox she has.  But what if...only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment